I’ve never really understood why so many people stick to a job or company that is bad and doesn’t feel right. Life is short – don’t waste it. If you have something that keeps you awake at night and makes you forget about time completely – follow it.
Passion makes all the difference. Don’t be afraid to follow your dream and do what you really love. For me this has always be the theme of my life. Not living on someone else’s terms. Sure, there may be phases where you have to make a living, pay bills and have obligations you have to meet, but don’t let it become a permanent state.
There is one thing I am convinced of: to be truly free, you have to work for yourself.
To keep you motivated, I have put together my top ten quotes on quitting your job.
1. “I think my resignation was the only way to avoid bloodshed.”
2. “Please accept my resignation. I don’t care to belong to any club that will have me as a member.”
3. “If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking.”
4. “Understand that the right to choose your own path is a sacred privilege. Use it. Dwell in possibility.”
5. “The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire.”
6. “The flower doesn’t dream of the bee. It blossoms and the bee comes.”
7. “If you don’t program yourself, life will program you!”
8. “If somebody offers you an amazing opportunity but you are not sure you can do it, say yes – then learn how to do it later!”
9. “Fun is one of the most important – and underrated – ingredients in any successful venture. If you’re not having fun, then it’s probably time to call it quits and try something else.”
10. “When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.”